Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Garlic Roasted Carrots with Lemon + Basil


Carrots are my favorite snack. They're convenient, portable, and can be dipped into my favorite snack of all - hummus. But, that's not all. They're just as good dipped into yogurt and used as a salad topping.

This made me think. I always, always, always eat carrots raw. Never cooked. So, this was what inspired me to make a recipe out of my carrot comfort zone.

For me, simplicity is the key ingredient for all of my recipes. A little bit of garlic and some fresh basil can go a long way, which is exactly what I aimed to accomplish with this dish. Plus, I've been dying to think of some new ideas that require me to pluck the leaves from my new and beautiful basil plant.

Garlic Roasted Carrots with Lemon + Basil


Ingredients:
1 lb. carrots, washed
2 tsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves


Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Wash the carrots and cut off the tops.
3. Lay them out on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. 
4. Brush the minced garlic onto the carrots, then pour on the lemon juice.
5. Toss the carrots to make sure they all get coated. Place the basil over the carrots and let cook for 30-40 minutes.

Note: You may cut the carrots in half prior to baking for a faster cooking time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...