Monday, April 7, 2014

Fresh Basil Pesto



I love pesto. It's no secret. It's the first thing that catches my eye on any menu. The best part is that you don't have to go out to eat in order to indulge in a good pesto. You can easily make it yourself and create something that is totally quick and delicious! 

Five Things I love About Pesto:
1. It's insanely delicious.
2. It can be used as a sauce, dip, marinade, or condiment.
3. It makes everything taste better!
4. Each variation is equally as tasty - Sundried tomato and roasted red pepper.
5. It's easy to make! 

This weekend I made my very own pesto from fresh basil leaves. This time, I used it as a sauce and poured it over whole wheat pasta and roasted eggplant. 


Homemade Fresh Basil Pesto

Ingredients:
2 cups packed fresh basil
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves

Directions:
Pour all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.


Serve over pasta, spread on a sandwich, or use as a marinade for grilled chicken. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...