Friday, June 28, 2013

SoCal Inspired: Raspberry & Mango Guacamole

Raspberry & Mango Guacamole



I have just begun my summer adventure in Southern California! Beautiful beaches, great restaurants, and warm weather. I feel like I'm in paradise! I especially love the farmers markets. Each market is guaranteed to have a colorful selection of  fresh fruits and vegetables.  What a wealth of inspiration for Noms McGee!  And so, I made this Cali-inspired guacamole dip.

Ingredients:
2 small avocados, peeled and chopped
10 raspberries, sliced
1 mango, peeled and chopped
1/2 lime, squeezed
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of black pepper


Directions:
1. In a bowl, mash the avocados with a fork.
2. Add raspberries and mango. Mix well.
3. Stir in lime juice, salt and pepper.

Scoop up some guacamole with whole grain crackers, whole wheat pita bread, or freshly sliced vegetables. Serve as an appetizer for a summer barbecue or spread onto your favorite sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...