Monday, March 16, 2015

Roasted Parsnip Fries


We're really getting fancy with our fry selection. French fries, sweet potato fries, and now parsnip fries. I have to admit I've been so curious as to why so many recipes for parsnip fries are popping up all over Pinterest.

Yesterday, I was in the produce aisle of the grocery store and I wanted to try something new. And then I saw parsnips. So, I bought a few and the next day they were washed, sliced, and thrown in the oven ready to become part of the fry sensation.

After 30 minutes, I was hooked! Parsnip fries are totally delicious. Dipped in a little bit of ketchup, they make the perfect pair to any meal. Plus, they're way healthier than your run of the mill french fries. Go ahead, try for yourself!


Roasted Parsnip Fries

Ingredients:
3 large parsnips
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp minced garlic



Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash and lightly peel parsnips. Slice into thin strips.
3. In a bowl, toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic.
4. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
5. Spread the fries out onto the baking sheet and place in the oven until golden brown (~25-30 minutes).

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...