Sunday, March 1, 2015

Cinnamon Vanilla Overnight Oats


Overnight oats have been a real life saver for both me and my stomach. Prepping meals for the day ahead is not a strong suit of mine. A great deal of effort goes into packing a yogurt cup, granola bar, and banana. So, since overnight oats have been discovered they have made their way onto my menu on nearly a daily basis. They're quick, delicious, and very satisfying - and so they shall stay on my makeshift menu. As someone who prefers to snack throughout the day, some days are busier than others and snacks don't always fit in between meals. Oatmeal is my best bet on these hectic days due to their high fiber content which keeps my belly full until I can fill it again.

Ingredients:
1/2 c oats
3/4 c milk (low fat, soy, almond, etc)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
1/2 tsp maple syrup 
1 tbsp chia seeds



Directions:
Combine ingredients in a jar overnight. Heat in the morning. Eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...