Wednesday, August 20, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday

A few weeks ago, I was tagged by my dear friend and mentor, McKenzie Hall to participate in the What I Ate Wednesday series. I couldn't have been more excited to photograph what I eat on a typical day. On this specific day, I had just arrived to Portland, Oregon where I will be completing my dietetic internship. Portland has been recognized as one of the healthiest cities in the country along with some of the healthiest restaurants. With that said, I could not wait to unleash my inner foodie and explore some of the amazing food options available to us Portlanders.

Commence exploration.

Beginning in my quaint neighborhood, Hillsdale, I came across a place I knew I would spend countless hours at doing homework and chugging coffee. Baker & Spice, a local cafe is where I ate breakfast...

Breakfast: Harvest Grain Bread + Coffee
Bread was made with a mix of veggies.



After breakfast, I explored the downtown area of Portland which is home to Powell's Bookstore and also where the Saturday Market is held. I eventually made my way back to Hillsdale and stopped for lunch at Verde Cocina...

Lunch: Sweet Potato & Black Bean Salad



This was a day filled with walking. When I say walking, I really mean hiking (there are hills everywhere!). So, my appetite was through the roof and this led me to Seasons & Regions.

Dinner: Fish tacos + rice & beans
Seasons and Regions restaurant uses produce from their own farm and other local farms to make their menu items. These tacos made excellent  leftovers for the following night as well.


The WIAW Dietitian Tag! #WIAWRD

This blog post is a part of a ‘dietitian tag’ to see what other registered dietitians from around the world really eat!

To carry on this tag all you need to do is:
1) Copy and paste this section (marked within the ******) to the bottom of your WIAW blog post.
2) Tweet/Facebook the link using the hashtag #WIAWRD (What I Ate Wednesday Registered Dietitian).
3) Add your blog post link into the section below.
4) ‘Tag’ 2-3 other dietitians to carry on the tag via email!

I tag:

Previous WIAW Blog Posts (add yours here along with where you’re from!):
Nic’s Nutrition – Weekend Edition (West Yorkshire, UK)
Gemma Critchley, Dietitian Without Borders (Liverpool, UK)
Nic’s Nutrition – Week Day Edition (West Yorkshire, UK)

Helen West, Food & Nonsense (Uluwatu, Bali)
Diana Chard, Bite My Words (Nova Scotia, Canada)

Mark McGill, Glipho (Ottawa, Canada)

Debra RiedeselCycleDiet.com, Sensitive Dietitian’s Kitchen.com (Iowa,Florida, New Jersey, 
USA)
Aaron Flores, Balance Variety and Moderation RDN (Los Angeles, CA)

Michaela Ballmann, Wholify (Los Angeles, CA)
Sharon Palmer, The Plant-Powered Blog (Los Angeles, CA)
McKenzie Hall, Nourish RDs (Los Angeles, CA)
Jaime Ruisi, Noms McGee (Long Island, NY)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...