Friday, August 22, 2014

{Recipe ReDux} Banana Bread Bars




School has officially started.

It's been a great first week, but I'm so happy that it's Friday! The first week is always tough. After a whole summer of sleeping in, waking up at 5 AM just doesn't feel natural. For me, breakfast is usually at 6, but by the time 9 rolls around, I'm hungry again! In order to stay sane, I pack some snacks. I love this month's Recipe ReDux theme, because bars, bites, and brown bag snacks are so important for us, kids to stay alert throughout the school day.

This recipe for Banana Bread Bars has only 4 wholesome ingredients making it very easy to pop in the oven on a Sunday night. It kind of resembles a Larabar which happens to be one my favorite on-the-go snacks.

Ingredients;
3 very ripe bananas
3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tbsp cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mash the bananas.  Fold the flour into the mashed bananas. Then, add the applesauce and cinnamon. Mix well and place into a small greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...