Friday, April 11, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things


Let's chit-chat.


Last weekend, the honey and I took a mini getaway to Palm Springs. We went on a hike through the desert which was beautiful. And, HOT. The trail ran alongside a stream that was lined with palm trees. Actual, big, tall, and full palm trees. Not these skinny, little things that fill my neighborhood in Los Angeles. Afterwards, we indulged in a fancy dinner at The Daily Grill. I ordered trout almondine. I never had trout before, but the waitress told me she has it at least three times a week. It had to be good. And it was. It came with broccoli and a creamy baked potato. Oh, I've been dreaming about that baked potato. Then, there was dessert - chocolate cake and key lime pie.



On Sunday, we visited a local market which consisted of a large variety of vendors - art, handbags, cell phone gadgets, and produce. We picked up some fresh strawberries and dates for the drive home and they were some of the best I have ever had. 

Side Note: When I was little, my parents would take me furniture shopping with them. This one store we would always visit had a Chock Full O' Nuts which had the best date nut bread. I used to insist on getting a slice every time. I really want to make date nut bread this weekend.

To end the weekend off with a bang, Match Day was everything I had hoped for. I am currently obsessed with Portland and have ordered a handful of books from Amazon so I am fully prepared for my arrival in August. 



I have to admit, I loved the pictures I took of the pesto recipe I posted on Monday.


Oh, and then my roommate surprised me with these beautiful flowers! Thank you, Eitan! 


I love Lena Dunham. When I found out she directed this video for her boyfriend's band, The Bleachers, I instantly fell in love. It's amazing. 



These are a few of my favorite things from this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...