Thursday, May 22, 2014

{Recipe ReDux} Black Bean Brownies with Matcha Tea Frosting


I love a cup of tea. My day isn't complete unless I end it with a cup of green and an episode of Modern Family. I've been drinking tea for years, but cooking with it... never. So, when I found out this month's Recipe ReDux theme was "Cooking with Tea," I was intrigued.


As I began to brainstorm, I immediately thought GREEN TEA ICE CREAM. But, I wanted to be a little more creative so I turned to Pinterest for some ideas. A recipe for chocolate cupcakes with matcha green tea frosting sparked my imagination. Brownies sounded even better. But, black bean brownies sounded even healthier. A black bean brownie topped with matcha green tea frosting, now we're in business.

Black Bean Brownies with Matcha Green Tea Frosting


Ingredients:
For Brownies-
1 (15 ounce can) black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chocolate chips

For Frosting-
1 cup greek yogurt
2 tbsp matcha green tea powder
1 tbsp brown sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place all brownie ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
Pour brownie batter into a nonstick or greased 8x8 baking pan.
Bake for approximately 40 minutes.


While the brownies cool, combine the frosting ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Mix well until frosting becomes a light green color. Using a knife, spread onto the brownies. Serve!


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...