Wednesday, October 22, 2014

{Recipe ReDux} Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats




This month's Recipe ReDux theme, "Spooky Spices" made me realize I really need to stock my spice cabinet. Since I moved to Portland and started the dietetic internship, my meals have been quite spiceless. Sure, my veggies and quinoa have tons of flavor on their own, but I guess it's time to turn up the heat.

This recipe for Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats is super quick to throw together after a busy day and makes for a delicious breakfast the next morning. The funny thing is, I never cared very much for pumpkin flavored things. Now, I'm going pumpkin crazy. It is so delicious! I especially love pumpkin pie which is why I decided to toss it into my morning mix.



Ingredients:
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 cup vanilla soymilk
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
small dash of salt
2 tbsp raisins

Directions:
Combine ingredients in a jar and stir. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning top with granola or raisins! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...