Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A "Healthier" Chocolate Chip Cookie


The holiday season has finally come to an end, and I realized that I had not eaten the one dessert I most look forward to: a chocolate chip cookie that has chocolate dripping from the cookie to your mouth when you take a bite, that is warm and fresh out of the oven, that can only be eaten with a glass of milk. What the heck? There were cakes, brownies, pies, and all other assortments of dessert, but not the one-and-only chocolate chip cookie. Therefore, I decided, I needed to eat one to end the holidays right. And so, to feel less guilty, I began searching the worldwide web for the perfect "healthy" recipe. There are plenty out there, but none seemed to do it justice. So, I mixed a few recipes to create my own. And let me tell you, you would never know that this is a healthier version of a chocolate chip cookie. It's the real deal.

Scrumptious Chocolate Chip Cookies



Ingredients:
2 c. almond meal
1/8-1/4 c. chocolate chips - amount depends on your liking
4 T maple syrup
2 T water
1/4 c. coconut oil
1 t cinnamon
1 t baking powder

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine almond meal, chocolate chips, cinnamon, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Stir well.
3. Add water and coconut oil to the bowl and mix until evenly combined.
4. Spread oil onto a baking sheet and spoon the cookie dough onto the pan.
5. Place cookie dough into the oven and let bake for approximately 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

Recipe courtesy of my darling twin, Brittany Ruisi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...