Friday, September 6, 2013

Fuelin Up for the First Day


Thursday, September 5th marked my first day back to school. Yes, I have made my way from sunny California back to the hustle and bustle of New York. As I stood in LAX airport , I contemplated canceling my flight, making a dramatic exit, running out to the street to call a taxi...you know, like what you see in the movies? I quickly came back in touch with reality and spent my flight reminiscing on my unforgettable summer memories of being a beach bum, exploring the California coast, and spending time with loved ones. Work hard, play hard, right? It paid off for me. Besides all my summer fun, I took some major steps in optimizing my career as a young professional. In the past few months, I have started my very own blog, created award-winning recipes, and formed a network of life-long mentors. Life is good.

The completion of my very last semester as an undergraduate college student is filled with advanced nutrition classes- medical nutrition therapy, research methodologies, nutrition communications, and community nutrition. A whopping 17 credits puts me in class from 9:30 am to 6:30 pm. You know what that calls for? Energy! Lots and lots of energy! I'm the girl who eats breakfast an hour before class and is already hungry 10 minutes into my first class. With a half an hour commute to campus (without traffic), it is my responsibility to prepare and pack nutritious meals and snacks to get me through this busy day. And so, I have photographed my day of school meals...


Breakfast: Whole Grain Shredded Cereal + Blueberries + Walnuts + Skim Milk




Lunch: Greek Yogurt + Pistachios & Almonds + Baby Carrots + Larabar



Nutrient dense snacks filled with fiber, protein, and carbohydrates will keep you satisfied all day long. Choose a variety of fruits and vegetables to compliment your meals for an extra boost of antioxidants!

Have a healthy and successful year back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...