Friday, August 23, 2013

{Restaurant Review} Casa Bianca

I come from a long line of Italians.  Growing up that meant a lot of "sauce." Let me tell you, nobody can make a better penne alla vodka than Salvatore (a.k.a Dad). Something else we Italians make extremely well is...pizza!  I don't know about you, but I think pizza may be one of the best creations in the world. In the words of Dean Martin, "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie...that's amore!"





This week I visited a restaurant that has been around for 50 years called, Casa Bianca. As soon as you step inside, you feel as if you're at home. This is a classic old-fashioned Italian restaurant.  Mi piace I'italiano. (I like Italian). Back home in New York, we are spoiled with amazing Italian food. There is an Italian restaurant on every corner. Here, in Los Angeles, it's a little bit different. It's actually hard to find a delicious homemade sauce or slice of pizza.

 I am all about the ambiance when I go out to eat and Casa Bianca met all of my standards.  The tables are decorated with a red and white checkered table cloth and celebrity photos and autographs are hung on the walls. At 10 p.m, this restaurant was packed with people. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Nobody was in a rush to leave. Why would you want to when you're already at home?



Anyways, back to the food.  Casa Bianca offers an extensive menu- appetizers, pasta, salads, sandwiches, pizza and dessert. The pizza was molto buono! Mamma mia!  The best part about Casa Bianca's menu is that they offer whole wheat crust. This is very unusual, even in New York.  Let's just say when I saw this, my face lit up. I ordered one whole wheat pizza, New York style (of course), with sundried tomatoes and eggplant.  Add a glass of wine and I am one happy Noms McGee.  And yes, this pizza did meet my New Yorker expectations.  The crust was crispy, the sauce was perfectly seasoned, and topped off with just the right amount of cheese.

If you're in the Eagle Rock area, check out Casa Bianca.  Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...